Saturday, March 12, 2022

that thing about classics: the friday saree

 

it's a heavy silk, its weight lets it fall with a ballerina's grace. it flows and extends and pirouettes around you. i wore the black and white patola last evening admiring everything about it again. the fabric, the tie and dye, the restraint, the soft smooth feel against my skin and in my hand as i held it. bought in bangalore, years ago, a dear friend and my husband had chosen it. i had just started getting mad about sarees. my friend wasn't well then, but she had still taken my husband to the shop, bandhej, and helped him select a saree for me. i thought of my friend again. i had met her at the ad agency where i first met the mac. where i started thinking of steve jobs. i thought about my husband, who's away on work at the moment. he is not exactly the saree buying kind of man, but he'd gone anyway, and chosen a black and white. predictable but always fabulous. classic. like my friend, my husband, and of course mr jobs. so i wore the saree i was planning to, hope the look was just so.

previous post: a saree for mr jobs


 
 

sarees tell stories index

the friday saree index

 
 
photo credit ferolyn fernandez

No comments:

Post a Comment

iron nails and camel dung